Statement of Purpose
The Homestead Park Homeowners Association is a voluntary group of Homestead Park / Lander Mountain community members organized to recognize emergency issues and develop a cooperative plan for prevention and response within our service area.
- To familiarize ourselves with the local emergency responders and associated government agencies working in the Lander Mountain area, to coordinate with and supplement their services.
- To learn to utilize all resources available to us and be a communications link between the neighborhoods and those resource providers.
- To initiate and sponsor projects to help minimize hazards on private property.
- To encourage communication, cooperation and participation in all phases of the planning and management projects.
- To provide information to increase disaster readiness and formulate plans to respond to emergencies in ways that ensure resident safety and maximum protection of property.
- To follow the instructions of and/or assist emergency teams as requested.
- To activate a prepared neighbor-to-neighbor communications process that can reach all neighbors known to be in residence at the time of a disaster or evacuation and, as possible, to transmit that information to the officials assigned to manage the event or evacuation.